Gunn-Mowery, LLC, named one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania for the past 10 years, is looking for a Commercial Account Executive to add to our team. The account executive is responsible for managing and servicing a book of business, by analyzing their individual needs, evaluating options and offering tailored insurance solutions. The account executive is responsible for to build and sustain relationships with existing customers and to promote the agency. The primary line of business is commercial Property and Casualty.
This position is a full-time position with all of Gunn Mowery’s employee benefits applicable including our excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, LTD, STD, AD&D, paid holidays and a generous time-off policy. This individual can work out of our Lemoyne, State College, Lancaster or Dillsburg, PA office locations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Market, service and promote the Agency’s products and services and work at a strategic level to develop and retain customers.
- Service/Manage a designated group of customers, including: analyzing the needs of the customers, evaluating and answering questions regarding coverage, and determining the most suitable product for the customer.
- Actively manage accounts prior to renewal to identify concerns, external competition, exposure changes and additional coverage needs.
- Assist existing policyholders through the renewal process with strong communication and market knowledge. Educate customers on policy/product features, advantages and disadvantages. Remarket accounts as necessary.
- Independently develop and maintain strong knowledge of the marketplace and strong working relationships with company representatives and underwriters. If no coverage is available in the admitted market, investigate risk placement alternatives, if available.
- Prepare submissions, and negotiate pricing, policy conditions, and terms with selected carriers. Review all quotations with recommendations as to the best options for price, coverage and risk alternatives. Manage quotes, proposals to customers, and bind coverage with insurance carriers within agency authority.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Performs duties independently with little or no supervision, operating from established directions and instructions. Decisions are made within general agency constraints and insurance laws, and require independent decision-making.
- Thorough technical knowledge of Property & Casualty insurance, including an understanding of insurance forms and risk alternatives.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Education: Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensure: Possess or pass the requirement to be a licensed Property & Casualty insurance producer.
- Training: as required by applicable statutes and regulations.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application. Print, sign and email the application, along with your resume, to [email protected]. Please list the job title in the subject line of the email.