As a professional, you work hard to provide your customers and clients with the best services and advice possible. However, when clients experience negative outcomes after using your services or advice, you could be at legal risk. No matter how large or small a business, without a Professional Liability policy, your financial positions could be left vulnerable if a claim is brought against you.
Professional liability insurance protects you in this eventuality, allowing you to provide the best care for your clients. Gunn-Mowery provides a range of professional insurance options to help you with this type of coverage to your organization.
The Upside for Professionals
Professional indemnity coverage can help you with a number of losses associated with a claim, including:
- If you’re accused of failing to perform services or are accused of negligence through the services you provide, professional liability insurance can help.
- Current, future and potentially previous work. Depending on your industry, you may need professional liability or errors and omissions coverage to protect yourself from legal claims stemming from previous work, future work and current work so that you are protected even if a claimant waits until the statute of limitations is almost expired before initiating legal action.
- Legal costs. Regardless of who is at fault, professional liability insurance can help cover the considerable defense costs required in a malpractice or negligence lawsuit.
- Protection for your team. If you work with independent contractors, temporary employees or full-time employees, you can seek professional coverage to ensure their advice and services are covered, too.
- Coverage for Privacy Violations and Computer Security Breaches. Every business is vulnerable to sensitive data breaches as hackers are getting more sophisticated than ever. Many Professional Liability policies might also provide coverage for these emerging risks.
The upside of working with Gunn-Mowery is that we are an independent insurance agency, bringing you a range of options, and we work hard to provide you with the services you need. Whether you require just negligence insurance or whether you want to have previous work covered, too, we can find your custom solution. That’s the Upside of Insurance.
Designed for your unique needs.
Procuring professional liability for our clients is just the start. Helping them understand important exclusions in coverage helps many of our clients manage risk better.
Comparing and contrasting carrier coverage forms is a skill few of our competitors have and it sets us apart.
Understanding the nuances of claims made coverage forms, their unique coverage triggers, and the resulting importance of retroactive dates, reporting periods, and when and how to report claims are all part of the Upside of Insurance at Gunn-Mowery.
If you are a professional and don’t have professional liability coverage, act now so you’re not caught by surprise with a legal claim. Contact Gunn-Mowery for a free quote to ensure you are covered now and in the future.