When developing an estate plan, it’s important to understand your entire financial picture. That’s where Gunn-Mowery excels. Coordinating with your accounting and legal advisors, Gunn-Mowery helps bring your financial planning strategies to fruition.
Five components of estate planning:
- Last Will and Testament – Allows you to communicate your wishes and make things easier for the people you care about. Creating a Last Will and Testament as part of your estate plan will ensure all you leave behind – including the care of your children or dependents – will be taken care of according to your wishes.
- Living Trust – Allows you to transfer your assets to a separate legal entity before you’ve passed. One common benefit of a Living Trust is that it helps prevent your estate from going through the probate process, saving time for the family members you leave behind.
- Power of Attorney – Allows you to give legal permission to someone else to act on your behalf. With a Power of Attorney, you can give someone the ability to write checks, sign official documents, or handle other legal matters on your behalf.
- Advance Directives – Allows you to make important end-of-life decisions about your personal healthcare. This is crucial in case you become unable to verbalize your own wishes. An Advance Directive is a way to put those wishes on record for your family, your heirs, and your health care provider.
- Beneficiary Designations – By periodically reviewing your beneficiary designations, personal insurance plans and other financial accounts, you can rest assured that your assets will be distributed according to your wishes.
An estate plan is a singular part within an organized financial plan. Life insurance, disability insurance (group or personal), critical illness (CI) insurance, and long-term care (LTC) insurance policies are key components of a good estate plan when protecting your family’s financial security.
Gunn-Mowery’s experienced advisors work closely with each individual client to help them understand the complex process of estate planning so they can make the most informed decisions possible. The Upside is never second-guessing whether you’re prepared for the future.
Consult the professionals at Gunn-Mowery to start planning for your future today.