Gunn-Mowery, LLC, named one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania for 12 consecutive years, is looking for a Personal Lines Agent to add to our team! In this position, you will analyze and answer requests from policy holders, producers and carriers for information concerning insurance policies. This role will determine eligibility of risk when compared to guidelines of available programs. We pride ourselves on our customer-first attitude, technical knowledge and integrity and the right candidate will embody all three traits.
This position is full-time with all of Gunn-Mowery’s employee benefits applicable including our excellent benefits package; medical/dental/vision, 401K, LTD, STD, AD&D, paid holidays and a generous time-off policy. This position can be based out of our Lemoyne, Lancaster, Dillsburg or State College location.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review applications for insurance coverage, and other information to determine if application is acceptable for the program(s) available.
- Evaluate the experience of a risk against the class of business under review.
- Prepare quotation for producers and answers from them as well as policyholders, or prospect.
- Review policies for renewal consideration.
- May rate policies or check previous rated policies for proper rating.
- Utilize knowledge of automated systems to develop information for new and renewal policies.
- Review request for cancellation, endorsements etc.
- Request additional documentation necessary for the processing of an application, endorsement, or cancellation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or three to five years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good familiarity with computer software applications and current office software.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, technical knowledge and collaboration.
- Ability to comply with agency and carriers policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted carrier(s) underwriting.
- Ability to develop resourcefulness and carry out assignments to completion with minimum supervision.
- Experience in a structured office type environment.
- May be required to attend seminars for education/training as needed to ensure job skills meet the changes in technical and business demands.
- May be required to visit insurance carriers.
- Certificates, Licensees, Registration: Possess or pass the requirement to be a licensed property and casualty agent (Gunn-Mowery pays for all insurance education)