Gunn-Mowery, LLC, named one of the Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania for the past 11 years, is looking for a Personal Lines Agent to work from our Lemoyne, Lancaster, Dillsburg or State College location. In this position, you will analyze and answer requests by e-mail, fax, mail, telephone or in person from policy holders, producers and carriers. You will use knowledge and independent judgement to determine eligibility of risk when compared to guidelines of available programs. We pride ourselves on our customer-first attitude, technical knowledge and integrity and the right candidate will embody all three traits. The primary line of business is Property & Casualty.
The position is full-time with all of Gunn-Mowery’s employee benefits applicable including our excellent benefits package; medical/dental/vision, 401K, LTD, STD, AD&D, paid holidays and a generous time-off policy. This individual will have the option to work out of our Lemoyne, State College, Lancaster or Dillsburg, PA office locations.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reviews applications for insurance coverage, and other information to determine if the application is acceptable for the program(s) available.
- Prepares quotes for policy changes, or rewrites policies for policy holders and works with producers on personal lines accounts.
- Reviews policies for renewal consideration.
- Utilizes knowledge of automated systems to develop information for renewal policies.
- Reviews requests for cancellation, endorsements, etc.
- Focuses on customer service by answering phone calls, reviewing billing issues, processing changes and helping the customer understand their insurance needs.
- May visit insurance carriers.
- May be required to attend seminars for education/training as needed to ensure job skills meet the changes in technical and business demands.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good familiarity with computer software applications and current office software.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, technical knowledge and collaboration.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines and standard accepted carrier(s) underwriting.
- Good judgement/decision making skills.
- Education: Associates degree from a two-year college or technical school, or two-years’ experience/training.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of related experience preferred.
- Specialized Skills, Knowledge or Licensure: Possess or pass the requirement to be a licensed property and casualty agent (Gunn-Mowery pays for all insurance education).
To apply, please complete the Employment Application. Print, sign and email the application, along with your resume, to [email protected]. Please list the job title in the subject line of the email.