Gunn-Mowery, LLC, one of the Best Places to Work in PA for the past 11 years, is looking for an Employee Benefits Specialist to add to our growing department. This is a unique opportunity to join our Employee Benefits team which was named “Best Employee Benefits Firm” in 2017 by the readers of the Central Penn Business Journal. In this role, you will be responsible for managing and servicing an assigned book of business, as well as analyzing customers’ individual needs, evaluating options, and offering tailored insurance solutions. The Employee Benefits Specialist will respond to customer inquiries and requests, foster new-business opportunities (including identifying cross-selling opportunities), maintain customer relationships and build customer loyalty. The primary line of business is Life and Health.
This position is a full time position with all of Gunn Mowery’s employee benefits applicable including our excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, LTD, STD, AD&D, paid holidays and a generous time-off policy. This position will be located primarily in our Lemoyne office.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Service a designated group of customers, manage and process customer requests including changes to policies; review billings
- Provide quotes, proposals, and bind coverage as needed according to insurer guidelines
- Coordinate processing of the necessary documents with the Employee Benefits Assistant
- Provide support to Sales Executives and/or Account Executives
- Review assigned policies to determine if additional coverage’s should be solicited prior to renewal
- Conduct periodic service calls for designated customers
- Document all conversations and assignments with customers and/or insurers relative to exposures and coverages in the agency management system
- In all processes, refer to the agency’s Policy and Procedures Manual as needed
- Diligent when interacting with customers, and in processing all coverage modifications in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction and prevent E&O exposure
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- May be expected to attend industry-specific seminars and training, as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Performs duties by complying with agency’s established procedures
- Good Working knowledge of computer office software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Education: Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years related experienced preferred.
- Specialized Skills, Knowledge or Licensure: Possess or pass the requirement to be a licensed Life & Health insurance provider.
- Continuing Education/Training: as required by applicable statutes and regulations.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application. Print, sign and email the application, along with your resume, to [email protected]. Please list the job title in the subject line of the email.