As the insurance and reinsurance markets have changed over the past 40 years, one of the few constants has been the steady development of captive growth. Captives put risk managers in greater control of their insurance costs, and ultimately their insurance destiny. When you join a Gunn-Mowery-administered captive, we exceed expectations because we not only represent multiple captives, but we manage the largest and most successful central Pennsylvania-based captive. We put more focus on cost and greater control over your plans.
Why Consider a Captive?
- Control Over Your Business Insurance Destiny
- It’s simple – control your losses, with the support of the captive risk management team, and you reduce your premiums as well as the long-term cost of risk.
- Lower Operational Costs
- By purchasing coverage through the member-owned captive, you have the ability to lower your operational costs – costs that are often times marked-up in the conventional market.
- Turn Your Insurance Expense into a Profit Center
- Controlling losses by implementing tighter safety controls leads to a higher potential for return premiums and investment income in the form of dividends. Lower premiums and dividends allow you to be more competitive in the marketplace.
- Enhanced Safety and Risk Management
- Improved loss control and greater awareness of the factors that can give rise to losses may reduce or prevent losses in the future. Desktop availability of claim reviews and dedicated adjusters can potentially reduce the dollars associated with a loss. Prevention and proactive claims management lead to greater savings.
What Attributes Should a Company Have in Order for a Captive to be a Viable Consideration?
- Management teams committed to safety with strong safety programs in place;
- Losses that are better than average for your respective industry;
- Long-term financial strength and stability;
- Minimum casualty premiums of $100,000, depending on the captive program.
For more information, contact us today.