What We Cover
A few things to note:
- You do not have to pay workers compensation for independent contractors in PA, but if an independent contractor works as an employee, they need workers compensation insurance. Even if an employee’s work agreement lists them as an independent contractor, you can face penalties for not providing coverage if you control the manner and location of their work.
- Contractors may be charged at audit time if a subcontractor was used without securing their workers compensation comp certfiication of insurance. Injured 1099 subcontractors without workers compensation can still file a claim under a contractors insurance policy.
- Carriers are not required to offer workers compensation to sole proprietors, partners and members of LLC’s, however you may still wish to provide coverage for all workers. If you are a sole proprietor or other non-eligible worker seeking insurance for yourself, contact us.
- An employer must arrange for coverage in all states in which they have exposure, no matter how small. If any of your employees live, temporarily travel through other states or work in other states even some of the time, you need coverage in those states, too.
- Infringement of copyright, title, slogan, trade name
- Invasion of privacy
- Wrongful representation of character, reputation or products
- Wrongful entry
- Transmision of computer virus
- Unauthorized access
- Denial-of-service to a customers system
- Disclosure of confidential information
- Identity theft
Business Interruption & Extra Expense
- Loss of income resulting from a computer attack
- Additional expenses incurred to restore the business as quickly as possible
- Coverage for the investigation and settlement of a cyber threat
Property & Casualty
Commercial Casulty Insurance is commonly purchased with property insurance. This type of coverage protects a company in the event of a lawsuit. It can also include other coverage for third-party losses, as well as commercial car insurance, aviation insurance and other products.
Employment Practices Liability
Director's and Officer's Liability Insurance
Examples of potential lawsuits include:
- Misuse of funds
- Breach of fiduciary duty
- Violation of workplace regulations
- Intellectual property violations
Professional Liability/ Errors & Omissions
Professional Liability commonly covers:
- Errors or omissions
- Failure to provide services
- Breach of contract
Professional Liability generally does not cover:
- Coverages offered by workers compensation
- Illegal, fraudulent or dishonest acts
- Intentionally wrongful acts
We can help you correctly insure your:
- Commercial Fleet-including trucks, vans, box trucks and flatbeds
- Private passenger fleet-including everyday cars & SUVs used by salespeople & owners
- Trailers-including utility trailers, covered trailers & mobile workstations
- Classic & Antique vehicles-with sentimental value to the business
Inland marine insurance can cover a wide range of property such as:
- Someone else’s property that is in your possession
Also, a pollution liability claim can easily result in litigation and investigation to determine who is responsible. The costs of legal teams and investigations can be significant, especially since these claims tend to involve multiple parties. The producer of the harmful pollutant, the owner, and tenant of the business property where the spill or exposure took place and other parties may all be considered when evaluating a claim.
Coverage for All Industries
Access documents 24/7.
CSR24 allows you secure access to your policy and certificates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. With CSR24 you can:
- Print Certificates of Insurance and Auto ID’s
- Manage Certificate Holders in one location
- View critical policy information
Best of all? It’s free! Contact us using the button below to request access. We’ll get you a secure login and schedule a quick call to get you acclimated to the system!
Business Insurance Resources
Weather is unpredictable, and in some areas, there is always a risk of flooding. Even places that aren’t prone to floods can be at risk. Flooding can cause businesses to lose thousands of dollars and can occur when you least expect it. Not only can floods directly...
Recent statistics show that in January 2020 alone, nearly 1.8 billion user records were leaked due to cyber-attacks, representing personal information and passwords for approximately 772 million people. It sounds scary, right? And what if I tell you that a recent...
What are the most common insurance claims? Though most small business owners don’t purchase insurance with the expectation of suffering a loss, public adjusters know some claims are more common than any business owner would like to think. While you may believe...
To the Upside!
Buckle up because we are getting ready to launch your insurance to the Upside!