Labor Day is often celebrated as the unofficial end of summer. This weekend, in the midst of your celebrations, please take a few moments to ensure that you and your loved ones staysafe.
- Make sure that you have a stocked emergency kit in your car at all times while on the road.
- Let a friend or family member know where you are going, and your intended route so the authorities can be alerted if you do not reach your destination.
- NEVER drink and drive. Make sure you have a designated driver if you plan to enjoy any alcoholic beverages.
- Always follow the posted speed limit while behind the wheel.
- Always make sure there is supervision while people are swimming, and never swim alone.
- Anybody that is not a strong swimmer should always wear a proper flotation device, such as a life jacket.
- Never swim during a lightning storm to reduce your risk of being injured by a lightning strike in the water.
- Place the grill in an open, well-ventilated area that is not near any buildings, decks, or low-hanging trees that could catch on fire.
- Always have a fire extinguisher or bucket of water nearby when grilling to put out any accidental fires that start while you are grilling.
- Create a safety zone with chalk or cones, and warn children about the dangers of playing too close to a lit grill.
- Make sure to clean all grilling utensils whenever they touch any raw meat to prevent any food borne illnesses.
And most importantly, make sure that you, your family, and your property are properly protected with the right insurance coverage. Contact Gunn-Mowery for all of your insurance coverage needs.