National HSA Awareness Day, which will take place each year on October 15, is dedicated to bringing the public and the healthcare benefits industry together to discuss the power of HSAs and their ability to impact some of the most prevalent issues Americans face today, such as: managing health-related-out-of-pocket expenses, preparing for the unexpected healthcare costs, and planning for retirement.
Recent research from WEX Health, a leading financial technology service provider, shows that millions of consumers are still in the dark on the benefits of an HSA and are missing out on opportunities to both better prepare for healthcare costs and save for retirement. In fact, some American’s don’t event know HSAs exist, and many find HSAs–and employee benefit choices in general–to be confusing and complex. However, consumer enegagment and management tools from Gunn-Mowery, LLC make opening and contributing to an HSA easy and efficient.
October 15th Live Broadcast
Whether you have a Health Savings Account (HSA) and want to sing it’s praises from the rooftop, or you don’t know the first thing about an HSA, National HSA Awareness Day is for YOU. Plan to listen to our live broadcast on Tuesday, October 15th at 3:00 PM Eastern and learn from Jean Chatzky, host of HerMoney podcast and educational ambassador for HSA Day. She will be discussing why HSAs are so important from tackling rising healthcare costs to planning for retirement. Register for the live broadcast now!
Why Choose an HSA?
Health Saving Accounts (HSAs) are a powerful way to leverage pre-tax savings to save and plan for out-of-pocket healthcare costs. Plus, they are a great way to save for retirement. It’s no wonder they are often described as a “rainy day fund” or a “security blanket”. Users of HSAs find peace in knowing that they’ve taken care of their families by putting away money from their paycheck in case something happens (and they feel good about the pre-tax savings, too). Wondering how much you could save with an HSA? Check out or HSA savings calculator here.
5 Reasons to Open an HSA
- Reduce your taxable income. Contributions qualify as tax deduction and reduce your taxable income.
- Use tax-free money. The contributions are tax-free; when you spend your HSA money on IRS-qualified medical expenses, no taxes are due.
- Earn tax-free money for retirement. The interest earned on contributions is tax-free. Use the money for future medical expenses or retirement.
- Take it with you. Your contributions (and your employer’s) stay with you, even if you change jobs. There is no “use it or lose it” rule.
- Use it for anyone in your family. Even if your enrolled for single coverage, you can use your HSA to pay for medical expenses for your family.
To learn more and to register for a live-streamed discussion about HSAs, visit www.hsaday.com.
The Upside of Insurance
At Gunn-Mowery our customer-first attitude, technical knowledge and integrity are what sets us apart. With locations in State College, York & Lemoyne, we are well-positioned to service Central PA and beyond. Reach out to our team to learn more about the upside of insurance.