Gunn-Mowery, LLC, one of the Best Places to Work in PA for the past 11 years, is looking for an IT Assistant to add to our team. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the IT Manager with administration of the organization’s servers, networks, computers and Agency Management System. This includes hardware and software installations, maintenance, monitoring and support for all users on the internal network at all Gunn-Mowery locations.
This position is a full time position with all of Gunn Mowery’s employee benefits applicable including our excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision, 401K, LTD, STD, AD&D, paid holidays and a generous time-off policy. This position will be located primarily in our Lemoyne office.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support Gunn-Mowery users in a professional, courteous and timely manner. This includes problem definition and resolution, as well as regular installation/updates of software and hardware.
- Monitors equipment to ensure that accurate records are maintained (including hardware inventory assignment of equipment, date of purchase and costs).
- Maintains and monitors all hardware including servers, routers, switches, printers, desktops, laptops, scanners, mobile devices, phone system, cables and any related equipment.
- Assist with the resolution of hardware, software, network and operator issues.
- Supports new projects, including system upgrades, new locations, new acquisitions or new software product implementation.
- Stays abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- Documents critical technology processes and workflows.
- Travels, as needed, between Gunn-Mowery’s multiple locations.
- Presents a business professional appearance regarding both dress and work space.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer hardware (PCs, servers, printers, scanner and other peripheral equipment) and software applications used to support our agency.
- Working knowledge of networks and multi-office connectivity.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to train end users in proper use of equipment, software and procedures.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
Training and Experience:
- Technical Skills Required: Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Technical Skills Optional, but desired: Office365, MS server support, Cisco Meraki, SQL database, Office365, Vertafore’s AMS360
- Specialized Skills: Technical analysis, Systems programming, implementation and testing, basic knowledge of local (LANs) and wide area (WANs) networks.
To apply, please complete the Employment Application. Print, sign and email the application, along with your resume, to [email protected]. Please list the job title in the subject line of the email.