Whether you own a ranch, hog farm, corn-growing operation or any other type of ranch, farm insurance protects the work you’ve put into the land. The risks of farming are substantial, and fire, legal claims and accidents and injuries can occur at any time. Having the right coverage can help protect you if there is a problem, minimizing the disruption to your operations.
At Gunn-Mowery, we provide the customer service, integrity and technical knowledge you can rely on to meet the unique insurance needs of farm and ranch owners. Partnering with us affords you the most experienced insurance professionals. Our experts are able to make the leap from respected agent to trusted advisor, helping you protect what’s vital to your business.
What Types of Farm Insurance Coverages Are Available?
Insurance for farms varies widely depending on the size of the operation, the type of farm, risks and other factors. Typical coverage in farm insurance includes:
- Liability: If a legal claim is brought against you because your farm or your employees cause unintended harm to someone or their personal property, this coverage protects you.
- Property: If fire, theft or other allowable incidents cause property damages or loss, this part of your policy covers you. This coverage allows you to replace or repair outbuildings, farm structures, your home, farm equipment and other property — up to specific limits.
- Additional Living Expenses: If a fire or other incident severely damages your home, this part of your policy will cover the costs of a rental while your home is replaced or repaired.
While most insurance for ranch owners and farms will offer this type of protection, you can also seek to add more coverage to your policy, including:
- Water and Sewer Backup: If water or sewer backups affect your home, this additional coverage ensures you do not have to handle these costs yourself. Since your home may be on a septic tank and drilled well in a rural area, this coverage can make sense.
- Replacement Cost: Typical farm insurance will cover the actual cash value of your lost or damaged personal property. For an extra cost, you can get coverage for replacement cost, so your insurer will pay the cost of replacement the items, ensuring depreciation does not negatively impact your claim.
- Livestock: For ranches and other types of farms, livestock represents a significant investment, and this coverage ensures you’re protected in case this investment is stolen or injured.
- Other Buildings: Other than your home, the other buildings, such as silos, barns and other structures may not be covered unless you seek this additional protection.
- Boarded Animals: If a boarded animal on your farm causes an injury or property damage, you’re not covered unless you have this additional protection. This may be important since animals on the farm can kick unpredictably or cause severe damage and injury in other ways.
- Farm Equipment: If you have invested substantially in heavy machinery for your farm, this extra layer of protection can bring you peace of mind.
Appreciate the Upside of Insurance
The Upside of Insurance with Gunn-Mowery is how we help you reach your goals and the way we get you there. It is what excites us about what we do, how we do it and why our agribusiness clients rely on us to support their needs. Contact us today to get a quote for your farm and to learn what the Upside of Insurance looks like when you work with our professional and caring team.
The Upside of Insurance for:
|• Horse/ Equine|
|• Farm Science|
|• Dairy Farmers|
|• Cattle & Crop|
|• Manure Haulers|
|• Butchering Operations|