Starting in 2017, OSHA created a new rule to the record keeping standard that requires organizations to submit their OSHA logs online to a webpage that OSHA has provided. The reasoning behind this change is OSHA believes that making injury information publicly available will motivate employers to focus on safety, which in return, will lead to more lives and limbs of workers saved. The new OSHA webpage to submit your organizations required information launched on August 1, 2017 and the deadline to submit the 300A Summary Form is December 1, 2017.
- OSHA is requiring all covered establishments to submit ONLY the 2016 300A Summary Form online before December 1, 2017.
- Covered Businesses – The following is a link that lists the NAICS Codes and the industries with 20 to 249 employees that need to submit their 300A Summary Form once a year
- Note: This list covers most manufacturing, construction, transportation and healthcare related businesses.
Starting in 2018
- Covered establishments with 250 or more employees must submit all completed 2017 forms (300A) online before July 1, 2018.
- Covered establishments with 20-249 employees must submit ONLY the 2017 300A Summary form online before July 1, 2018.
- Beginning in 2019 and every year after, covered establishments must submit required forms by March 2.
Below are a few key dates to remember and requirements from OSHA’s new final rule:
|Submission Year||Data Collected in Calendar Year||Establishments with 250 or more employees||Establishments with 20-249 employees||Submission Deadline|
|2017||2016||Form 300A||Form 300A||December 1, 2017|
|2018||2017||Form 300A||Form 300A||July 1, 2018|
|2019||2018||Form 300A||Form 300A||March 2, 2019|
Click here to view a copy of the Frequently Asked Questions.
Questions or need full instructions? Contact Neel Horst, Senior Risk Control Consultant, or Matt Steighner, Risk Control Consultant or call us at 717-761-4600. Visit the loss control page here.